Dear Grade 8 Homeschool Parents,
- Below is the Confirmation Curriculum for the 2020-2021 Academic Year. The PowerPoints will be uploaded periodically (usually 2 months of classwork at a time). I hope you find these resources helpful. Each week has a correlating Powerpoint Presentation that your child can follow. In the event that class is missed one week, simply pick up where you left off. Students should get in the habit of taking notes in a black marble composition notebook (These will be checked once a month starting at the end of November by turning them in to the Rel. Ed. Office). Please date and mark the lesson when starting notes for each week.
- Parents whose children are sick or in need of quarantine should use these Power Points to keep up with the material being taught in class.
- Please review the student handbook. Quizzes/Tests will be uploaded when given in class. Students are permitted to use their notes for tests and quizzes, but must refrain from using the PowerPoints (unless the test/quiz is within the PowerPoint).
- Please look at the handouts below for forms pertaining to Confirmation Sponsors, Calendars, & the Student Handbook.
- Some of the dates in the PowerPoints may be incorrect. Please ignore them and reference any recent handouts/publications from Fr. Green either handed out in class or published in the Bulletin.
MATERIALS NEEDED: Computer/Printer, Pen or Pencil, Marble Composition Notebook
COVID 19 PRECAUTIONS: CLICK HERE FOR IN-CLASS HEALTH/SAFETY GUIDE
HANDOUTS FOR THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR:
MASTER CALENDAR FOR CONFIRMATION STUDENTS (CLICK HERE) - This contains all the important class dates/due dates. Please make note of when forms are due.
STUDENT HANDBOOK (CLICK HERE) - This contains all the rules/regulations for the school year.
SPONSOR CERTIFICATE REQUEST FORM (CLICK HERE) - This contains the Confirmation Sponsor Form required to have someone stand in for the Student as a Sponsor.
SERVICE PROJECT HOUR TRACKING SHEET (CLICK HERE) - This contains a Tracking Sheet so that Students can document their hours of Service due at the end of the Academic Year.
CLASS POWERPOINTS 2020-2021
- September 13, 2020 Class 1
- September 20, 2020 Class 2
- September 27, 2020 Class 3
- October 4, 2020 Class 4
- October 18, 2020 Class 5
- October 25, 2020 Class 6 Sponsor Certificates Due
- November 1, 2020 Class 7 Sponsor/Parent Meeting after class 7:00pm
- November 8, 2020 Class 8
- November 15, 2020 Class 9
- November 22, 2020 Class 10
- December 6, 2020 Class 11
- December 13, 2020 Class 12
- December 20, 2020 Class 13
- January 3, 2021 Class 14
- January 10, 2021 Class 15
- January 24, 2021 Class 16
- February 21, 2021 Class 17
- February 28, 2021 Class 18
- March 7, 2021 Class 19
- March 14, 2021 Class 20 SAINTS RESEARCH PROJECT DUE
*ATTENTION! DISCLAIMER: PLEASE IGNORE SOME OF THE DATES/ANNOUNCEMENTS WITHIN THE POWERPOINTS. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MASTER CALENDAR AND THE LISTED DATES ABOVE. SOME OF THE POWERPOINTS NEED TO BE UPDATED*